Founded in 1952 on the Sydney site it still occupies today. During its existence, Australian Bakels has purchased adjoining properties and is now the owner of a large area of land at Silverwater in the geographical centre of Sydney.
Australian Bakels purpose is to supply "Ingredients for Inspiration" by delivering quality products, service and innovation.
Australian Bakels core business and technical expertise is in specialised bakery and food ingredients. We will continue to develop this expertise in our domestic and export markets by formulating, manufacturing and marketing value-added products to provide total solutions for our customers.
Our aim is to maintain steady and sustainable growth in business, including acquisition where suitable opportunities present themselves. Although primarily sales-driven, Bakels understands and is clearly focussed on the need for this growth to include an acceptable level of profit rather than sales alone.
- Create strong relationships within Australian Bakels and with our customers and suppliers.
- Partner our customers in profitable solutions.
- Ensure consistent and sustainable growth of sales and profits in a financially stable company.
- Deliver strong technical support.
- Provide innovative product development and processes to meet the needs of our customers.
- Achieve continuous improvement in quality standards.
- Evaluate the marketplace to ensure we remain relevant to our customers.
Our dedication to this purpose will enhance our image and leadership in the Australian marketplace and set the standard for Bakels companies globally.
Forming the foundation for all our decisions and actions, Australian Bakels is committed to:
- Continuing our proud tradition as an ethical, stable, privately owned, global company.
- The development of our employees in a safe and open work environment.
- Mutual trust, loyalty and co-operation in all our relationships.
- Superior product quality and customer service.
- Innovation and creativity in meeting challenges.
- Capitalise on opportunities that financial stability creates.
- Environmental and Corporate responsibility.